Challenge guided by One Year No Beer website.
Why Am I Here?
Day one, of the challenge, is simple. Answer the following, to get to my WHY.
- What in your life is not working for you?
- What needs to change with your habits and behaviour?
- What have been the consequences of your drinking habits?
- What will you gain from changing your relationship with alcohol?
- Why is it just not an option for things to stay as they are?
What In Your Life Is Not Working For You?
Being constantly depressed. Being constantly unmotivated. Being unfit.
What Needs to Change With Your Habits and Behaviour?
I need to stop drinking everyday. I need to start looking after my health, physical and mental. I need to exercise daily, meditate daily and replace alcohol with things that have a positive effect on me.
What Have Been The Consequences of Your Drinking Habits?
Massive weight gain. Constant depression and anxiety. Lack of focus on my goals, professional and personal. My “life” has been reduced to nothing – very little interest in anything, very little action.
What will you gain from changing your relationship with alcohol?
My health. Focus. Energy.
Why is it just not an option for things to stay as they are?
The depression, largely brought on by alcohol, has become so bad at times that suicide has become more than a passing thought. Alcohol will kill me, one way or another.