Challenge guided by One Year No Beer website.
I guess having someone who is going through this too makes it easier. My partner is currently AF too, so my goal friend choice is easy – my dog Murphy.
My partner gets it, so she is the perfect choice. Along with the OYNB community.
The Week In Review
On one side its been a really good week.
- Increased focus at work
- Rediscovered my love of reading – its took my attention away from alcohol
- I am now planning a bit better for the future, rather than just going through the routine of one day at a time.
- I am more engaged in life – not fully yet, but better
- I’m blogging again – this to me is like a mindfulness exercise. Writing my thoughts, etc is pure reflection and helps me understand whats going on.
- I lost a couple of pounds in weight, reversing the trend.
Then there has been the downside.
- My depression has deepened as the week as gone on. I now understand this can be a side effect of stopping drinking. I am holding on to the fact that it will pass.
- If it weren’t for the off licence closing early, due to lockdown, I’d have caved in on Friday and Saturday. But on a positive, I didn’t turn to what alcohol is left in the house.
- Very tired all the time
On to another week.