Challenge guided by One Year No Beer website.
What Do I Want?
It took a while to differentiate this one from the Why’s exercise from Day One. I know what I want and why I want it. Not sure why it took me so long to realise that todays exercise was more about using willpower to overcome the “want” to have a drink to the mindset of just not wanting a drink at all. Getting to the point where alcohol isn’t really that important.
Part of that will be replacing alcohol with healthy habits. For me, at the moment, that is blogging, reading more and walking my dog. As I go further, these habits will be:
- To be back in the gym (when we’re allowed and I’m back to decent health).
- Meditate more – I enjoy it, but don’t put enough time in to it.
- Hiking in my favourite places.
- Taking some courses – I’ve always wanted to get that A Level in physics.
- Seeing more of my family – again lockdown dependent.
All that feeds in to getting back to what I was like about a year and a half ago. Five stone lighter, working out daily, full of energy, good habits (most of the above). But I wan’t all of that WITHOUT the alcohol, which I have never done – it has always been there to some degree. I’d be fine five days of the week, then weekends would be a washout due to hangovers. I want the weekends to be productive, fully of activity, or restful.